31. 05. 2021Rezident
Maciej Nowacki (PL)
Maciej Nowacki (1990) a visual artist based in Poznań. In his artistic practice, Nowacki focuses on the possibilities of the medium of painting. He explores material aspects of the medium – its physicality and accidental nature; hence the unpredictability of the process of painting is crucial to his practice. Nowacki studies the role of fiction in our reality – how it bonds together societies, using myths, religions, laws and money. He uses both contemporary and historical representations in order to build complex, non-linear narratives that can reveal connections between different points in time.
Maciej Nowacki is a graduate of Painting from the University of Arts in Poznań (2014) and Multimedia from the Academy of Arts in Szczecin (graduated with honours, 2016). He took part in various exhibitions in Poland and abroad. Most recently finalist of 13th Eugeniusz Geppert Competition (2020); laureate of Starak Family Foundation Competition for Young Artists (2019). In 2019 he took part in School of Expressions – a project organised by PLATO gallery in Ostrava. Between 2013-2016 co-founder and member of Silverado collective, together with Marta Hryniuk and Marta Węglińska. In 2019 and 2020 received ZAIKS fellowship.
- Pandemic Consequences: Dreams, Serce Człowieka Gallery, Warsaw Gallery Weekend, 2020
- Wasteland, 18th edition of Survival Art Review, Wrocław, 2020
- Promocja / Sale, Galeria Promocyjna, Warsaw, 2020
- 13th Eugeniusz Geppert’s Competition, BWA Wrocław, 2020
- Under the Creepy Moon, solo exhibition, Łęctwo Gallery, Poznań, 2020
- Force Field, Oficine 800, Venice, IT, 2019
- Triple Bed, Double Scotch, One Pair of Shoes, Hotel Polonez, Poznań, 2018
- de Spiegel, with Marta Hryniuk, SKALA Gallery, Poznań, 2018
- Hole for Two Done Twice, with Agnieszka Grodzińska, 9/10 Gallery, Poznań, 2017
- Szczecin Vanguards, National Museum, Szczecin, 2017
- High-Rise, solo exhibition, Obrońców Stalingradu 17, Szczecin, 2017